Wednesday 24 August 2011

new project

I`m so excited! Last night I went down to my local stitching club and it looks like I caught my stitchy bug again! (That, and a cold, it seems, for I haven`t stopped sneezing and blowing my nose all morning but I DON`T CARE!). I have a new project, yay!
Actually, I was going through my magazines - again! -, looking for some patterns that I`d used before, since I thought it`d be nice to provide some details along with my pictures, in case some of you decide to make them - that reminds me, a quick recap:
My lost picture, called Poppy Fields from Anchor, was featured in The World of Cross Stitching (WOCS), Issue 101. The red cupcake design I made for my kind neighbour was in Issue 230 of Cross Stitcher, and Wordsworth, the cooking cat I stitched for my gran appeared in Issue 77 of Cross Stitch Crazy. "Crazy" also featured the little cleaner design I made for Evelyn in Issue 145. So far that`s all, I think - since the gift tags were all the fruits of my own creative and elaborate (!) designing process. In future I`ll try to name my sources as and when I mention a design - although it might not happen for a while now because...
I`m so excited! While flicking through my magazines, I found a design that "spoke to me" - you know, when you feel the creative juices flowing and the urge that you simply have to make this thing... Anyway, I spent the next couple of hours picking the colours (I don`t have all the DMC threads that I`d need but I found some that are "close enough", even though my lion might end up looking not exactly like this:


Oh, before I forget it again: this is called `Lion King` by Pollyanna Pickering, and I found it in WOCS, again, in Issue 176. The picture`ll be about 20x15 cms and I hope to finish it before the middle of next month; I already have a frame for it, and I plan to take this, too, with me to this art show that I was invited to attend last night in the "Club" (the name of which we decided not to specify any more, since half the women knit, the other half stitch, and almost all of us mostly just unpick or unravel). Anyway, I`m off now to cut a piece of aida and maybe even start before I have to go to Gregory`s open afternoon at school - but I shall keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment