Wednesday 26 February 2014

George, the handsome hippo

Do you remember Gloria, my glorious diva of a hippo? Well, I put her up for sale in my Etsy shop, and a couple of weeks ago someone saw her and - as expected - fell in love with her. Only problem was that this lady wanted a boy version for her (yet) unborn nephew, and preferably in grey. So I slightly amended the original Alan Dart pattern and came up with this:
I think he`s just as gorgeous as his big sister - pity the lady who`d ordered him never contacted me since! I hope she still wants him... then again, I wouldn`t mind keeping him at all! I`ll keep y`all posted.
Elsewhere, in my little dreamworld of freedom (=I haven`t had any commissioned stitching for over a week now), I stitched this freebie from the latest Crazy and made it up for my MIL for Mothers` Day - I hope she`ll like it, I wanted something cheerful (she had a heart operation a few weeks ago and she`s still not 100% but she`s getting there). So here are some colourful birds to cheer her up:

And as there`s still no sign of any model stitching in the pipeline for the noo, you won`t believe what I`ve unearthed from the bowels of my cupboard: La Scapigliata! Yes, I started working on it last night and I hope to finish it before the next commission arrives - again, I`ll keep y`all posted of my progress. Happy stitching!

4 comments:

  1. Your boy hippo is just as sweet!!! I miss working on my scapigliata..... busy with a few other projects for now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can`t wait to see it finished, I started it about 2 years ago now - I`ve never had a project that dragged on this long! I`m a one-at-a-time kinda girl, so I don`t have UFOs because I don`t start a new stitching until I finish the current one, but this particular picture has been dragging its feet for some reason. Quite ridiculous, really, if I think of the number of other projects I`ve finished in the meantime! :) Good luck with your projects and thank you for your comment, I`m glad you like wee George! ;)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous hippo boy! I see you are keeping busy even - or especially- when commissions are done...
    Would love to see your Scapigliata finished! I have this pattern in my stash, but don't want to start it yet - looks like a scary big project. I also have a pattern of Gustav Klimt's " Mother and Child" - another huge one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I`ll probably jinx it now by saying that I hope to finish it today - I have guests coming soon and I`m trying to rush (I`m on the last colour now, and there`s only minimal backstitch). I think the hardest part will be to find the frame I have in mind for it; I`ll probably have to raid every charity shop in town. Lol, I was toying with the idea of Klimt`s The Kiss but then decided that THAT was way too daunting! :) With all those golden yellows... so I picked Van Gogh`s Sunflowers instead, rofl! Btw I still need about a dozen colours for that one so it`s still on hold (plus a new commission`s in the post so my wee holiday is about to end tomorrow). Now back to Da Vinci - happy stitching!

      Delete