Sunday 7 February 2016

Cross Stitcher 302

In the latest issue of Cross Stitcher, there are three mum-and-baby animal pairs that I stitched towards the end of last year. I loved working on these, they were a nice wee breather between larger projects and amidst the preparations for Christmas. Plus, I love Diane Machin`s pastel colours, they always have this soothing effect on me, which was especially welcome during those hectic days, and what could be cuter than baby animals with their mommies? It`s a pity I only had to stitch three of the patterns but there are lots more in the mag so they could be turned into a sampler even, or any number of little presents e.g. for a baby shower - as you`ll see below, in the magazine they are featured as baby toys and decoration for a basket.
Surprisingly, I have a couple of days off just now, so I`m very excited to be working on my own stuff for a change: it`s going to be a photo conversion for someones` Christmas present - if you think it is frightening how organised I seem to be, I`m not really, I just reckon if I can only pinch 2-3 days here and there, I`d better start preparing for Christmas 2016 nice and early. Also, just today I got nominated for the 7-day cross stitch challenge that`s doing its rounds on Facebook, so I`m going to spend a pleasurable hour or two rummaging through my old photos now - if you follow me on FB, you might see them popping up there, starting from tomorrow. Happy stitching, folks!

Picture taken by my official photographer, DS :) #WeeManPhotography



4 comments:

  1. Cute little animals! But nice to have a chance to stitch for yourself now.
    I really enjoyed the 7 day challenge on FB. I might carry on with it after Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo :) Yes, it was great fun, wasn`t it? OK, maybe not for my non-stitchy friends but otherwise it`s lovely to see all the various projects people have been working on. Hehe, I`m just waiting for the knitting, crochet, quilting, etc. equivalent and then we could rename FB to Craftbook. ;)

      Delete