Tuesday 8 March 2016

Jumbo birthday wishes - Collection 260

The latest issue of Cross Stitch Collection is in the UK shops and it`s full of designs of all shapes and sizes celebrating the coming 90th birthday of HRM Queen Elizabeth II. One of these is Jenny Barton`s Indian elephant that`s been turned into a birthday card:

A fun stitch with lots of interesting detail (10 hours in total)


While tidying up my photo folder, I also found this picture of the wee highland coo I`d stitched for my Mum for Christmas (and now I can share). You know how you ask your loved ones what they`d like for Christmas, assuming you`ll get a useful hint, a little glimpse into some secret desire? Erm, my Mum said, `a pocket`. Of course, you have to time it well and I asked her when she was wearing a dress with no pockets and she was in the middle of a rant how there was nowhere to put her handkerchief. Still, we aim to please, don`t we, so here it is, one of her Christmas prezzies: a pocket. ;)



2 comments:

  1. That definitely comes under the heading "well, you asked for it!" It's a very useful pocket I'm sure and the coo is very sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks, Jo - and what`s been left off this photo is the fashion accessory that turns this into a wearable pocket: I also included a piece of string (don`t ask how long! ;) ) which she can tie around her waist and sort of hook this coo-y pocket on it. Gucci, eat your heart out! :D (Have you seen the 2016 Spring-Summer collection for men? I`ve just browsed the pics and e.g. that white crochet number is out of this world!) :O

      Delete