Thursday 1 March 2018

feathers cushion

Issue 329 of Cross Stitcher is also on sale this week and in it there`s Felicity Hall`s cushion design, featuring 20 feathers with intricate backstitch detail. I`m not going to lie, this is not for the faint-hearted or those who can`t stand backstitch - some feathers have half a dozen different shades of BS added but if you finish them one feather at a time, it`s less daunting and definitely manageable. And the end result is worth it: I like the contemporary feel of this cushion and the colours seem to pop on the linen that (in case you can`t tell from my dodgy-as-usual photos) reminded me of the darkish teal-ish shade of a snow cloud. I tried to take a few close-ups too but the backstitch detail is almost impossible (for me, that is) to capture but I hope you can see them alright. Happy stitching!







No comments:

Post a Comment