Friday 29 September 2017

penguins

I guess it`ll be a while before projects I stitched after the summer holiday start to appear in publications so if there`s an even bigger gap between my blog posts, it`s because of that (the otherwise lazy blogger said, unashamedly) 😉 Anyway, here`s one of the last pieces I stitched before the summer, these 8 cute penguin gift tags by Tiny Modernist that are this month`s free gift with Crazy 235.



In other news, there`s not much happening: summer`s definitely over, heating`s on, wee man`s back to school - erm, to be more precise, he`s almost off again (after next week, we`re all looking forward to a fortnight of the autumn break and galavanting all over Scotland with my mom who`s also arriving next week). And by the time G goes back to school, it`s almost Halloween, which is almost Christmas, which is almost 2018! 😲 Anyway, as quickly as this year has rushed by, at least I have a framed Van Gogh now to show for it - please excuse the artfully angled photo, I didn`t want to fill the screen with one big flash-explosion. 


Oh and I just remembered that before I got a bit snowed under with commission stitching (again!), I had started Save The Stitches too - although I didn`t get too far, atm it looks like a strange and failed attempt of a maze designer. 😂 (That reminds me: found this site accidentally - worth checking out if you like mazes, you can generate your own! 😉 http://www.mazegenerator.net/). Happy stitching... and maze solving! 😁



7 comments:

  1. So cute the penguins! And the Van Gogh is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, the penguins look very cute! I know it's been a while, but I have the kit sitting here but the colour chart seems to be in the magazine only and not in the kit is that right?
    I'm in Australia and we're putting together craft kits for people who lost everything because of the bush fires. We are trying to find patterns/colour charts to go with kits that were donated to us. Would you be able to help out by sending me a copy of the colour chart at all? That would be most helpful. Thank you so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla, my heart goes out to those poor people who lost everything in the bush fires, it must be devastating. I can`t even imagine where I`d start replacing all my belongings if I lost them - clothes? shoes? I wouldn`t even know where to start. 😞 Putting craft kits together for these people is very commendable and these penguins are bound to cheer them up. Unfortunately, I don`t own the copyright to these patterns and therefore I can`t share them with you, even for charity; however, if you contact the designer, Tiny Modernist (here: https://www.tinymodernist.com/pages/contact-us) and explain the situation to them, I`m sure they`ll be happy to help. Best wishes, Laura

      Delete
    2. Thanks Laura, much appreciate your quick reply! I'll try the designer :-)
      Cheers Carla

      Delete