Tuesday 6 September 2011

update - Tuesday morning

I am happy to report that the car is finally here, and I didn`t even have to go for it myself! Eventually, Tam took the train on Friday at 5 o`clock in the morning, went down to Liverpool, had to wait for the seller a bit, then drove it all the way back and got home safe and sound just before midnight. The Thing, as it turns out, is not a Landy but a Range Rover, is so big that it fills our whole driveway, and I`m seriously considering parking my wee Corsa under it so as to protect it from the elements... On Sunday I drove it to the beach which was terrifying (the driving experience, not the beach!) because it floats like a cruise ship, not to mention it`s about the size of one, too... Oh, and it`s an automatic, which I`m still not so sure about: this was the first time I`ve driven one and I kind of liked the fact that I didn`t have to think about gears or even do anything for that matter; on the other hand, I always hate when a machine wants to "think" for me, you know what I mean... (By the way, could someone please advise me about commenting on somebody`s blog, or replying to someone else`s comment? These things still seem to be beyond me!).
"And how`s the lion coming along, Laura?", I hear you ask. Well, here`s the latest photo:


And just in case you think that "Well, that`s not much progress since the last photo", I haste to add that the Festival is less than 2 weeks away now, so I`m doing other wee stuff in between lion-stitching sessions, such as lavender scented sachets and Christmas decorations:



The sachets are ready to go but the wee Christmas motifs I still have to turn into bona fide decorations - plus I have snow globes, pencil cases, canvas bags, etc. to finish, and I also want to make something for Halloween, and bookmarks, coasters... How many more days have I got before the Fayre? The answer is: NOT ENOUGH!
So I guess I`d better go and get on with it - but before I do, here`s one more picture to show that my two boys have been busy too:


They made this aeroplane for Bigyi, Gregory`s special teddy, who was happily flying in it all around the garden until his rather unlucky landing last night, so the plane is in the "repair shop" now in 3 pieces but I`m sure Dada`ll be able to fix it. Oh, and just in case you thought your house was messy: this is our dining room which we haven`t used for almost two weeks now, due to my magazines covering every available square inch, from table to chairs to floor surface. Nevermind, at least everything`s nice and clean - not! Please note the hoover strategically placed behind all the Christmas magazines to make sure no human being can possibly remove it from there for cleaning purposes... Oh dear, oh dear, I`m turning into a living example of the classic stitchers` saying, "Cross stitch forever - housework whenever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment