Saturday 12 January 2013

still alive

My goodness gracious! This morning, out of the blue, I`ve decided to check my long-forgotten blog to see if it still existed at all and I`m shocked to see that I`m half a year older than I was when I wrote my last post! So for the benefit of those 3 or 4 people in the world who might read this - what happened in the past 6 months? Well, as my son said the other day to my Mum, `I can sum it up in one word: she`s been STITCHING`. At the end of May 2012 I started to work for both Immediate Publishing and Future Publishing - the first owns magazines like the World of Cross Stitching, Cross Stitch Crazy, Cross Stitch Gold, Cross Stitch Card Shop (as well as Knit Today and hundreds of other titles), and the latter publishes Cross Stitcher and Cross Stitch Collection, among others. All these magazines have featured at least one of my works since last summer and when I have the time+inclination, I`ll add a montage of the photos here. At the same time, I did some model stitching for Bothy Threads and Twilleys of Stamford, plus I knitted 4 jumpers for a local designer - I find knitting relaxing in-between stitch sessions as it exercises other muscles in my hands (not to mention knitting is safer while watching the telly). Anyway, so as not to leave my readers (?) without a picture, here`s one of the Dachshund I managed to finish for my Gran and Uncle`s Christmas present:

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! So glad to see you are still here and that you are model stitching. Keep it up!(but don't disappear for months...)
    Happy holidays!
    Katya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katya, I`ll try to spend a bit more time doing this again, we`ll see how it goes :) Happy New Year to you and all your family!
    Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you too, Karen and Fiona - can you believe it`s 2013 already? Oh, and Happy Shop Opening Anniversary too, I hope you had a marvelous first year :) xxx

    ReplyDelete