Saturday 6 May 2017

Lesley Teare`s sleeping cat (Gold 138) and Margaret Sherry`s cute hedgehogs (Crazy 130)

This week I have received two subscriber copies and thought I`d better post about them before I get carried away with other stuff and forget (I`m reaching new heights of forgetfulness btw: the other day I sent the wee man to school on an inset day. Not that it hadn`t been etched on my calendar for ages beforehand - I just forgot to check my calendar). 😵
Anyway, so first up is this gorgeous cat, designed by Lesley Teare, from Cross Stitch Gold 138:


It was such a joy to stitch you wouldn`t believe... well, you will when you start to stitch it for yourselves. 😉 I took a few photos at various stages - not the usual 5-hourly caper because as you`ll see, the stitchable portions were quite self-evident. I loved everything about this project: the cat itself, obviously, but also the colours, the flowers, the butterflies and I like the finish too, I think the red fabric they used for making up the cushion brings out the red of the strawberries very well.

9 hours

20 hours

30 hours

53 hours

And today I received my copy of Cross Stitch Crazy 230 with the free cover kit that I`d stitched almost half a year ago - the cover kits are done even farther ahead than other magazine projects (I guess because they involve more preparation? I mean the actual putting together of thread lengths, charts, cards, envelopes and what have you). These two adorable hedgehogs were designed by Margaret Sherry and I had so much fun stitching them (I`m mildly obsessed with hedgies anyway). Not to mention one of them is sleeping in a sunflower, my favourite flower - what more would a girl need? Hope y`all are having a lovely weekend and happy stitching!

These hedgies took 4-5 hours to stitch each 😊

I love these gorgeous cards with the matching frames
- more strawberries and especially more sunflowers can only be a good thing in my book! 😉


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cat, Laura, and it has quite a presence. I did not even look at the butterflies and strawberries until you mentioned them - then I looked around the cat and thought, "Oh, these are very detailed." Beautiful!
    I am with you on the forgetfulness: my daughters have to remind me about every event (concert, trip, short day etc) - or I completely forget. Not so long ago I got up on Monday, found my daughters still in bed and freaked out: "You are going to be late!" My youngest looked at me through one half-open eye and mumbled: "Eh.. Mom... It's a day off."
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! And my son hardly reminds me to start with - when he`s told of an important date/event, he might not be listening and he always loses the slips of paper he gets from the school - so that`s why it was even more of an achievement on my part to forget this date because it was in the newsletter so I`d known about it for months, even put it in my calendar and STILL managed to send him to school when it was closed! 😂 I`m glad you like the cat - oh, and there are 5 bees too! 😉 xx

      Delete
  2. Wow I love the cat so much ..super sweet
    Well done my dear
    And the hedgehogs are so cute
    Love and smiles x

    ReplyDelete