Tuesday 26 March 2019

Spring is here

There have been a few mags coming out recently and Spring is definitely in the air - not just IRL but as far as cross stitch charts are concerned.
In Cross Stitch Crazy 254, the cover kit is a pair of mice, designed by Helz Cuppleditch. I loved stitching both but my fave has to be the one in the hammock: 😄




Still on the subject of cover kits, I also stitched this month`s free gift with issue 280 of The World of Cross Stitching:


This birdcage bookmark is such an elegant design by Fiona Baker and a really easy stitch too, just a few quick backstitch lines between wee bits of cross stitch, so it`s an ideal last-minute gift, for example (it`s Mothers` Day on Sunday here in the UK. Just sayin` 😉).


Finally, issue 343 of Cross Stitcher has hit the UK shops today and in it Part 1 of 4 seasonal samplers by Faye Walsh is published, called Spring Is In The Air.


 It took 62 hours to stitch and I enjoyed it a lot - samplers made up of smaller pictures always build more quickly and I rarely have the chance to blend colours (as I had to here for the sea waves in the image in the centre), plus I liked the colours, the virtually no backstitch and the fabric too, it`s a beautiful lavender shade (in case you can`t tell from my photo 😂).


I took some close-ups of the individual scenes - my pics might not be exactly well lit but at least there are some details there that might not be spotted at first glance. Hope you like all these Spring-themed projects, happy stitching! 😊









4 comments:

  1. As always, gorgeous stitching! The Spring sampler is lovely....especially with having so little back stitching in it. I'm stitching the birdcage book mark just now and I think I might do it again for some friends but change the colour of the flowers so I don't get bored stitching the same design multiple times! Those little mice are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhona 😊 Funny you should mention, I did have to stitch the bookmark twice (the prototype was too big and the fabric wasn`t right, either). Great idea changing the colour of the flowers though, you could have a whole set 😉 xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous stitching, Laura! The hammock mouse reminds me of Saturday mornings - when I stay in my armchair and don't want to move a muscle. I identify with that mouse. :) The spring sampler is beautiful as well; I especially love the flowers... I imagine it wasn't much confetti stitching, was it?
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katya, no confetti whatsoever, just nice big blocks of colour so it grew quickly. Hehe, I know what you mean, that mouse is my spirit animal 😂

      Delete