Monday 7 September 2020

pots of gold, Disney galore and fun with lions

Another month, another post - and, as usual, this is prompted by new publications (honestly, I have no idea what I`m going to do in future now that both Crazy and Gold are no more 😭 - probably forget to post on this blog for months 🤷‍♀️).
But for the now, there`s plenty going on in the UK cross stitch magazine market: first up, issue 13 of Jamie `MrXStitch` Chalmer`s awesome XStitch Magazine is out, and in it is this cute little rainbow design:


It`s been my first ever Climbing Goat Designs stitch and I loved it, not only because it was a nice`n`easy full XS only design but also because the colours are gorgeous and they really pop on the `Cloud Summer Sky` aida I`d ordered from Sew It All. 😊🌈


Also out this week is the first issue of the new Disney cross stitch series by Hachette Partworks. I stitched the 4 samplers, designed by Durene Jones, that are the backbone of the series that`ll also feature other Disney charts every week (some of which are also mine). I`m not sure of their order of publication but I`ll add pics here of the ones I`ve already seen advertised either on the telly or on Facebook:


Fair warning: the following will be loads (and I mean LOADS!) of pictures because I thought, since I`d taken individual photos of every character, I might as well add them here - there aren`t many other places where you can see closeups of them all, even if some might be not-so-perfectly lit. 😉
Sampler 1:











Sampler 2:











Sampler 3:











And, finally, Sampler 4:










I have also seen the 2 Alice pics advertised as coming in an issue soon as extra:


Finally, in the tv ad 👇,


there is also a quick appearance of this fun cushion that I just affectionately called Lego-Mickey - even though I didn`t always feel affectionate when I had to hand-hold that massive piece of fabric (I put the remote there for size reference) but I do love to stitch nice big blocks of colour, so all in all, it was a winner. 😉


Wanna see more pictures? *pretends not to hear loud screams of NOOOOOO!*
I`m not going to add one of the Museum Shelf HAED just now - I`ve added only 2-3 lengths of thread in total to where it was the last time you saw it so there`s not a great big change. 😕 However, I decided to spoil myself with a nice, relaxing (i.e. NO confetti in sight) project from Durene Jones`s new bookazine:


I`ve had my eye on that lion ever since it was first published but I misplaced my magazine (and I can`t even remember now if it was in WOXS or Gold). But now I`ve got this Durene Jones Special and I had the fabric and threads needed, so last Wed I started and - you know you and a chart must be a good fit if you can`t put it down! 😉 - I`ve just finished all the 6000+ black sts and I`ve got a few hundred of some yellows too so woohoo, I`m almost halfway there! 🤗 I`m so excited, can`t wait to see it on the wall, I`d already bought the 12" hoop that I want to use to frame it. Hope you`re all having this much fun with whatever you`re working on atm, stay safe and happy stitching! 😊

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects, Laura, loved the pictures! Thank you for the close ups... Is it me or do the princesses in the Disney sampler look a bit feisty? They just have that expression I have seen that says, "Try anything and you'll be sorry!"
    Glad to see Mr. XStitch has his own publication. Will have to research how to get it in the US.
    Love the lion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katya, I`m glad you liked my pic-fest! 😄 Lol @ the princesses looking fierce - I see what you mean and yep, I def wouldn`t want to get on the wrong side of Pocahontas! 🤣 As for XStitch Magazine, I don`t know about paper copies in the US (or UK, for that matter) but it is available as a digital download, you can find it here: https://xstitchmag.com/ 🙂 Glad you like the lion, happy stitching! 😊

      Delete
  2. LOVE the pictures! Still, am sad that the Disney issues will only be available in the UK. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you can`t get the magazines where you are - maybe if you have friends in the UK, you could ask them to post it to you...? Glad you liked my pics and the stitching too! 😊

      Delete
  3. Which colour did u use for mickeys face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idk the Hachette number but it`s DMC 945 😊

      Delete
  4. Thankyou so much . Also wanted to know how did u finish this so quick in uk we are around issue 40 or something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You`re welcome :) These are the models I stitched for the magazines :)

      Delete
  5. Oh right haha was wondering why you did them so ahead of time they are gr8

    ReplyDelete