Saturday 31 October 2020

freebie extravaganza

No huffing, just stating a fact: I have just about given up on being able to follow which pieces I stitched for what publication are out now and where! 😂 With the very sad demise of Cross Stitch Crazy and Cross Stitch Gold 😞, some of the projects I did for those two magazines several months ago may (or may not) appear in the publisher`s remaining craft title, The World of Cross Stitching. The situation is further complicated by the randomness of where extra cover kits appear, depending (I guess...?) on where you are in the UK, whether you`re a subscriber or you pick up a copy from your local newsagent, etc., etc. So, in light of all this, the best I can do is to keep my eyes peeled 👀 and make a list of all the familiar-looking designs that I come across, and then post about them here occasionally. 😊
Thus today`s first pic is of the cute little Popcorn Bear that was an extra freebie with last month`s WOXS (I received my subscriber copy of issue 300 but I only found out about this cover kit after seeing a photo of it on FB). 😁


Yesterday I got my copy of WOXS 301, and there are a couple of projects in this issue that I stitched a while back: the angel tree decoration that`s the cover gift and 3 Margaret Sherry cards that were originally for Crazy. The angel, designed by Heather Nugent, was a fun stitch on plastic canvas (and I`m not ashamed to admit that even after Heather explained it to me - with illustrations! -, I still couldn`t picture how this front-and-back design will work, but it does!) 😃 After finishing the front, the plastic canvas has to be flipped and the two wings stitched on the reverse, then by cutting along the lines that are marked on the chart, the wings slot together and voila, there`s the finished angel with no messy back showing! 😲 #magic





Still more Christmas: 3 Margaret Sherry illustrations in WOXS 301 that were converted into cross stitch by the talented Fiona Baker, who also designed 4 Christmassy blackwork cards (originally meant for Gold) that are now available in her Etsy shop (here) so I add a pic of them here too. 🎄




Finally, I wanted to add one more photo, this one from Disney Cross Stitch issue 7: a lovely hoop design by Durene Jones of Marie from The Aristocats - but just this morning I`ve learnt that another one of Durene`s designs (and my stitching) is `out there` now: some issues of the latest WOXS also have `our` Christmas cat as an extra freebie, so I`ll add a photo of that one too. 😉 Hope you`ve enjoyed seeing them all, happy stitching! 😊




No comments:

Post a Comment