Saturday 24 March 2012

Mr. Bean`s Teddy

One of my son`s favourite sayings is, "Mummy, I know I`ve said this a thousand times but this time I mean it: if I ever say that I want to be something else, don`t believe me coz I only want to be one thing, and that`s a ...", and here he names the profession that happens to fascinate him that particular week. Thus he`s wanted to be a builder, a farmer, a fireman, a ship`s captain (NB not an ordinary sailor, oh no, not my executive Wee Man!) and numerous other things so far. However, I think that, apart from all these passing phases, he`s true calling and secret aspiration is to become Mr. Bean, or as close to being a Beanesque (?) funny man as possible. If you`re familiar with my previous posts, you might remember Bigyi, his favourite teddy, a rather weather-beaten Ikea bear that`s almost the same age as Gregory. I think my son`s been slightly traumatised this past week because according to a new ruling at the school, he can`t take his teddy in any more. Since he only started at this school at the beginning of the school year, he needed some moral support from Bigyi, which he sorely missed this week, especially that the two wee girls who became the closest to Gregory (as Bigyi`s two Mummies) dropped him like a hot potato as soon as their "baby" disappeared from the scene. So much so, that by Thursday Gregory developed a mysterious illness (mind you, this is not too hard these days when the weather`s warming up and all kinds of bugs spread, especially among the children), so anyway, his fever shot up to 38-something, but luckily he`s feeling much better now (actually, he started to feel better almost as soon as he found out he didn`t have to go to school...). Thus it took me a bit longer than expected to make this surprise for him for Easter (since he was constantly hovering) but I managed to finish it just now. I`ll quickly wrap it and put it in the suitcase, so I can take it to Hungary on Sunday, and give it to Gregory as an Easter prezzie - maybe with a wee note from Mr. Bean himself...?

2 comments:

  1. Very cozy bear. I am glad your son has recovered from the mysterious illness... My daughter gets this illness sometimes too - when she does not want to go to school.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katya! They`re funny, though, aren`t they? I can`t wait to see what he`ll figure out for Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete