Sunday 3 March 2013

this week`s finishes

I can hardly believe how long this week`s been and that we only reached Sunday just now! I don`t even remember where I left off the Snotty Saga - probably at Wednesday, when my poor, still sick Hubby went back to work, and Gregory and I almost made it to the door of the school but then we had to turn back, he had such a bad coughing fit (lol, first I typed "fitting cough" - I`m a bit distracted, watching Blues Brothers 2000 while I`m writing this). So anyway, I took him to the doctor`s and it turned out he had a chest infection and promptly got the miracle cure, antibiotics. I kept him home for the rest of the week (maybe that`s why it felt extra long?) but I`m happy to report that, judging by the star jumps and break-dancing routine I`m witnessing just now, he`s definitely going to school tomorrow.
I`ve got a few more finishes - so much so that I think very soon I can get back to my abandoned La Scapigliata!! I only have two more cards to make for Mothers` Day (the Hungarian one, which is in May, but I have to finish the cards before my Mum gets here in 3 weeks` time, so she can take them back for herself and my Gran and store them until the first Sunday in May. I`ve had so many things lost in the post that I`d rather give whatever I make to her in person). So those `ll be the gifts I have to make in advance and here`s what I made "looking back"... I have to be cunning here because my Mum sometimes checks this blog and I don`t want her to see any pictures that she`s not supposed to see yet - however, her command of the English language is not great enough to actually read all this blah-blah, so I`ll attach a photo of the magazine I stitched from:
Issue 150 of WOCS
It was her birthday a couple of weeks ago and I just finished stitching Ed Hedgehog and put it in a small white frame so I can give it to her as a belated prezzie when she`s here. 
I also knitted another two hats for the charity appeal:
I went a bit wilder with the colours this time: traffic cone orange with navy blue stripes and a pink one for a little girl
So that`s a grand total of six hats and I think I`ll stop here cause I was thinking, if everybody hands in half-a-dozen hats, the poor woman who organises this thing will end up going with a suitcaseful of hats to Uganda.
Friday afternoon I finally got to some shops but no matter how hard I looked, I couldn`t find Scooby brown yarn anywhere, so that project is still halted. On the other hand, I got some purple potatoes in ASDA - you should have seen the boys` faces when I served up dinner tonight! :))
Now I`m asking you: what`s wrong with my haggis, neeps and tatties? 

No comments:

Post a Comment