Thursday 19 December 2013

the perfect sunset by Maria Diaz in Cross Stitch Collection 231

Uncharacteristically, for this picture in the latest issue of Collection I do not have too many progress piccies - only one, to be precise. However, I do have an interesting (?) story to go with it.
Have you ever wondered what happens if a model stitcher finds out halfway through a project that she can`t finish it before the deadline? I`m not thinking about running out of time and asking the editor for a few extra days, but rather of something serious that will prevent the stitcher from finishing a work completely. The latter happened to the stitcher who started working on this (I don`t know her, not even her name, all I know is that she had to go to hospital for some reason) and she couldn`t finish this landscape. So this is how I got the project - the first time ever I had to continue a work that someone else had started and I quite enjoyed the experience (mostly, because she did such a neat job that almost put mine to shame, lol!). I hope that whoever she is, she`s feeling better now and if she picks up this issue, she`ll like the fruit of our joint effort.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, you inherited a lot of work but it is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Congrats to the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies! :) I absolutely loved this piece - with Maria Diaz being my favourite designer, landscapes my favourite subject, and these browns and oranges my favourite shades of colour, this was an ideal project for me, with the added bonus that someone else had already done the more monotonous bits of the sky, so I could concentrate on the busier half with the swans. So far there was only one project that I enjoyed more than this, and if you`ve got this issue of Collection, you can see it in the preview: a gorgeous castle, also by Maria Diaz. Merry Christmas, m`dears! :)

    ReplyDelete