Saturday 2 May 2015

Cross Stitch Collection 249 and Cross Stitcher 292

Yesterday I went to town and bought my monthly fix of Suguru (my latest craze; first, there was Sudoku, then Kakuro, and now I`m addicted to Suguru). Anyway, while I was in W H Smith, I also purchased some stitchy magazines - it seems my pieces have somewhat flooded the market recently, rofl!
First up, issue 249 of Collection, a.k.a. Part 3 of the doll`s house:

Also, in the same issue there`s the Permin still life I stitched a while back:

As I say in the magazine (under the pseudonym `Our Stitcher`, lol), I love stitching still life because this is the closest I, devoid of all drawing talent, can get to producing a painting, and unlike seasonal or *shivers* cutesy things, these works of art look good on any wall, any time. Apparently, this is part of a larger design - pity I didn`t get the big picture, so to speak... I would`ve loved to stitch the whole lot! ;)


However, after this 27-hour project, I had another one to keep me busy for 18 - this gorgeous floral plate by Maria Diaz for issue 292 of Cross Stitcher:

I only have 2 progress pics - one `halfway through` and one `finished`... but at least both are badly lit, rofl! Thank you for stopping by, in a few days I`ll be back with my duckie in Gold 120, and then that`s my `market domination` over for another few months at least. At the moment, I`m working on a cushion but it`s hardly developed beyond the Fleeting Idea Stage and thus I don`t want to share... oh, and soon I`ll start a BAP for my parents for Christmas... but I won`t be able to share this, either, for obvious reasons. So please rest assured that I`m constantly stitching - and from time to time I`ll inundate you with photos, in between big gaps of silence. Happy stitching! :)


8 comments:

  1. Great stitching I love the Maria Diaz roses, I think I will headed to the shops as well I purchase the june issue. Sunny Greetings from New Orleans, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice - oh I envy you for that sunshine! Here we have typical April-May weather for Scotland: as soon as the sun comes out, there`s hail, then rain, then snow, then sun again but no warmth due to icy gales... so in short, 4 seasons in one day, flip flops and woolly hats! ;) Enjoy your MD roses! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful stitching, Laura! Good luck on your BAP and on your cushion, may it progress beyond the "fleeting idea" stage.
    We are having lots of sunshine here - while I am hoping for rain, to ease the drought.. hey can we swap our sunshine for your hail and rain and snow? :)
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you can take it, Katya! After 2 days of non-stop rain, it`s getting a tad tedious - great Bank Holiday weekend, weather-wise! ;)

      Delete
  3. The roses you are stitching are just beautiful. Great magazines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb - I love stitching roses, they usually grow so fast... on fabric. Why can`t my real roses bloom so quickly? Is it because I`m rubbish at gardening? *nods sadly*

      Delete
  4. And very well that your embroidery flooded the market. They are beautiful. It was necessary to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks, Violka, I`m glad you like them - and good luck at the competitions with your stunning Spring Lady! :) xx

    ReplyDelete