Tuesday 23 October 2018

singing mice and Aladdin

Yesterday I had two new magazines delivered (yay!) so I`ve got some pics to share. 😊 First up, the cover kit that is the free gift with this month`s Cross Stitch Crazy (issue 249). It`s another cute Margaret Sherry pic, this time of three little mice singing Christmas carols - and there`s even a wee red hoop in the kit to frame the finished stitching, how cool is that? 🤗


And from today, issue 151 of Cross Stitch Gold is available in the UK shops, with my Carol Thornton cushion in it of a cat that I affectionately named Aladdin - you`ll see in a minute why. Coz from just the tabby, it might not be that obvious...

15 hours

But then this happened:

24 hours

And even though I knew he was lying on a cushion or rug, all I saw was this:


But then I started to add the paisley border and it looked less magic carpety and more Christmassy:

30 hours

Finally, after 70 hours, it was complete:


And I love how turning it into a cushion transformed it: I`m surprised every time I look at the finished item how different it looks with the edge of the design touching the cushion`s piping and those four paisley corners were made to measure! 😍 I`m a big Carol Thornton fan (as it happens, I`m stitching another one of her pictures for a later issue of Gold atm) and I`m already excited about the wintry watermill I see in the preview of issue 152. I loved that beach cottage that was in a recent Gold too, and also her autumn watermill - who knows, maybe I`ll start a wall of "Buildings by Carol Thornton" one day, when I have loads of time (ha! Ha. HA!). Happy stitching!





2 comments:

  1. The Margaret Sherry design is so cute....but aren't they always!!! It looks lovely in the red hoop.

    The cat design is gorgeous too, and as always, I'm amazed at how quickly you stitched him (or her?!) Love it finished as a cushion, the red piping really sets the design off nicely. Hope you get this one back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhona 😊 Oh, that`d be lovely, it could sit next to my tiger on the bed - not to mention the only festive pieces I`ve got on display (all year round! 😄) are the ones I got returned, so I`m especially fond of them because otherwise I wouldn`t have any (since I stitch Christmas stuff for about 11 months a year, I never make anything for the house). xx

      Delete