Tuesday 6 November 2018

polar bear and printer`s tray

OK, if I don`t post tonight, I might never do (I know I`ll be snowed under for the next week or two). #accidentalpoem
Last week, issue 275 of The World of Cross Stitching came out and the free gift with the magazine is this cute little polar bear cub, designed by Angela Poole:


Isn`t he a sweetie pie? 😍 I stitched him around the same time as that two-sided snowman bauble, i.e. still during The Great Metallic Shortage, so the sparkly snowflakes were added later, and I love how they appear in the clever aperture card:


And today the latest issue of Cross Stitcher (338) hit the UK shops, with my printer`s tray on the cover:


This folksy project was designed by Faye Walsh from Little Dove Designs and I had great fun with it. As you can see, I got one big piece of aida to stitch it on, which was then later cut to size and fitted in the tray`s compartments. I always enjoy simple designs with hardly any backstitch between two fiddly, labour intensive pieces, and this printer`s tray project with its bright, cheerful colours was a breath of fresh air. I took close-ups of the individual patterns, hope you like them, happy stitching! 😊











4 comments:

  1. Awww....so cute! Great stitching as always! That issue of CrossStitcher looks good...too bad they're always a couple of months late getting to the US :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhona 😊 Can you get digital copies? If not, it could always be an early start for Christmas 2019 😉😂

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the posting, I've been having problems with this kit and your photos really helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I`m so glad you found them useful, good luck with your finish! 😊

      Delete