Tuesday 27 November 2018

Double Dog and Fizzy Moon

I almost forgot to post about Double Dog! 😲😱😂


This cute little pup, designed by Makiko, is the free gift with the latest issue of Cross Stitch Crazy (250). As far as I know, he has no name - only I call him Double Dog, because I got to stitch him twice, once in May and once in July. Yep, some of the Christmas stuff gets prepared that much in advance (so no wonder the odd pup goes walkies occasionally). 😉 But the main thing is that he and his little robin friend reappeared for showtime:


And still on the subject of Christmas cards: last weekend I did some private stitching (IKR? 😱) and finished this Fizzy Moon for my mom-in-law. Hubby chose it from my stash (clearly, a man who has no idea of what backstitch is), but it got done and after my freshly ordered super-sticky double sided tapes arrived, I even made up the card so am well pleased with my effort - hope she`ll like it too! 😊



2 comments:

  1. Oh no....fancy that poor puppy getting lost! I don't know about you, but I hate having to stitch the same design more than once.
    Fizzy Moon is always beautiful.....except for the back stitch! I'm sure your MIL will love her card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I`m almost positive she will, she`s one of the biggest fans of my stitching! 😊 I hear you re: working on the same design for a second time, it feels a little bit "same old, same old", doesn`t it, I`d never stitch the same thing twice for myself - but part of the magic of stitching something for the mags is that nothing seems to matter (not the size, the style, the detail, the subject matter, personal taste/preference), nothing but the fact that "it is needed, and needed by a certain date". And luckily, it doesn`t happen often that something needs to be restitched, maybe the odd cover kit (hehe, not a 180x180 Gold piece!) and in a funny way, it helps that the second time around I already know what I`m doing, which speeds things up with cover kits where I not only record the time a design takes but also the lengths of each colour of thread I use. 🙂

      Delete